Who Is LifeCell?
LifeCell was founded in 2005 by South Beach Skincare, with the aim of offering innovative anti-ageing skin care products. LifeCell products were created to offer an alternative to invasive rejuvenating procedures, such as injections or cosmetic surgeries, like neck, face and eye lifts. The brand claims to be dedicated to providing their customers with safe and natural skin care products, whilst remaining ethical and eco-friendly.
The LifeCell brand considers itself to be a green company, taking measures to ensure that their products are paraben-free, and with all testing being cruelty-free and never on animals. Furthermore their ingredients are responsibly sourced and products are packaged in 100% recyclable materials.
How Do LifeCell Products Work?
LifeCell has a range of rejuvenating, anti-ageing products, including an under-eye treatment, a collagen supplement, a lip plumping treatment, a pH-balanced cleanser, and an all-in-one anti-ageing treatment, amongst others. The LifeCell products have six core ingredients, each having clinical evidence supporting their anti-ageing properties.
The active ingredients of LifeCell products were carefully chosen, inspired by Nobel prize winning science into nitric oxide. The six ingredients work alongside each other to provide simultaneous anti-ageing action, claimed to have a more powerful total rejuvenating effect.
- DMAE – Clinically proven to tighten skin, as well as smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinol – Also known as Vitamin A, it can penetrate the layers of skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which helps to firm and tighten sagging skin. Retinol has also been shown to help in the treatment of acne, and in improving the appearance of scars.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate – The fat-soluble form of Vitamin C has anti-oxidant properties to neutralise free radical and improve overall skin health.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hydrates and plumps up the skin for a healthier, fresher and more youthful appearance.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide – Has similar actions to botox, with this synthetic peptide inhibiting wrinkle production, as well as improving their appearance.
- Apple – Apple stem cells have been clinically shown to maintain collagen and elastin in the skin, by reducing the inflammation caused by skin irritating condition, such as dermatitis.
Furthermore, LifeCell can improve the appearance of wrinkles in less than 60 seconds thanks to light reflecting technology. When applied, the LifeCell cream deflect light from within the wrinkle, preventing the shadows that make them more visible.
Benefits of LifeCell Products
LifeCell has many celebrity fans and has been featured favourably in a number of respected publications, hailed for it’s anti-ageing effects and skin benefits, which include:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lifting and firming sagging skin.
- Plumping skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Brightening dark under eye circles.
- Round the clock hydration.
Are There any Drawbacks of LifeCell
Although the cost of LifeCell is significantly cheaper than invasive cosmetic anti-ageing procedures, as skin care regimes go, it is on the expensive side. Treatment for a month costs around $200, just for the all-in-one anti-ageing treatment, which could be considered a large expense for something which has unpredictable results. LifeCell treatments may be more effective on some individuals than others.
As with any treatment, before going ahead with the LifeCell treatment regime, conduct some research to see if any of the products are suitable for you and your skin.